St. Valentine’s Day questionnaire
1. Where did you meet?
House of Prime Rib having dinner with our mutual friends. This was like in 2003 or something. We didn’t exactly become BFF. We met again at our mutual friend’s Bachelorette party in NYC about a year ago and then somehow started talking through myspace after finding the other.
2. What was the first thought that went through your head when you met?
I think I thought that he wasn’t as douche-y as I was expecting given that he was in the Navy and given that for some reason I had the impression he was going to be a typical stuck up pretty boy Asian type as I had been encountering a lot of at the time.
3. Do you remember what was he wearing?
Striped shirt, jeans. I mostly remember his hair was super spikey–as if a buzz cut had grown out.
4. Where was the first time you kissed this person?
I actually am not sure because the whole first kiss thing freaks me out, so I’m sure there were many panicked attempts and rebuttals. If I think about it, I’m pretty sure we were in my house, probably in my bedroom.
5. How did he/she ask you out?
We had a wedding that we were both attending. We talked about hanging out there together. Afterwards, when he left the Navy, he came out to SF during his break and hung out with me. It was a mutual thing, nobody “asked” the other out. He did ask for my number though before all that. I can’t remember if I gave it to him.
6. Where did you go for your first date?
Fleur de Lys and then to the SF Symphony after. That was our first legit date.
7. How long did you know this person before you became a couple?
I guess 4 years, but we weren’t chatting or anything.
8. Has this person ever proposed to you?
9. Do you and this person have kids together?
10. Have you ever broken the law with this person?
Hmmm…have we? Probably in very stupid high-school ways.
11. When was the first time you realized that you liked this person?
It happened all of a sudden, and out of the blue. For the longest time, I was thinking, “I really hope he doesn’t like me because he’s not my type.” Then, one weekend when I was on a camping trip to Yosemite with some friends, I found myself thinking about him…and sending him a postcard.
12. Do you get along with any of the ex’s of your partner?
Don’t know them or really care to.
13. Do you trust this person?
Probably more than anyone at this point in my life. More than most of my friends. And by trust, I mean, I trust him with my feelings, which sounds cliche, but is rare for me to find. I think like maybe 2 people in my entire lifespan can hold that same title.
14. Do you see your partner in your future?
Yes, although I don’t know in what capacity. I’m not really planning a wedding right now, I just want to let the relationship evolve on its own.
15. Whats the most expensive thing this person has given you?
My canon XTi
16. What is one thing he/she does that gets on ur nerves?
Leaves his stuff hanging around my house, which I wouldnt really care except I am also that way and its annoying to have to pick up after someone. He can also be very very chatty, with me or with others, and sometimes I’m just not in the mood.
17. What is the thing you do that gets on his nerves?
I’m sure everything I do is annoying to him. Actually, I think what most annoys him is when we have an argument and then instead of trying to compromise, I just say something like, ‘well if thats what you want then so be it,” thereby ending the conversation.
18. Where do you see each other in 15 years from now?
I try not to think that far in advance. I guess together, but who knows.
19. Will this person repost this?
No. He has a blog but I don’t read it. He supposed to not read mine either.